11 April 2013
You’ve got the hang of Facebook and Twitter… maybe even Pinterest and Instagram, but what about Google Plus? Have you bothered with it?
Google Plus – What’s it all about?
Google Plus is Google’s answer to a social network. The idea was to group together services from Google, in order to use them more efficiently and take advantages of a social network at the same time.
So what can you actually do on Google plus?
- Group your friends – you can classify your friends into groups such as ‘colleagues’, ‘high school’, ‘family’, ‘people I don’t really like’… ‘ ex girlfriends’ …. whatever you want!
- Sparks – think of Google reader but more tailored to you! Sparks will give you content based on your interests, including links to videos and photographs… which is nice!
- Hangouts – Basically a virtual room where you can video chat with you friends…
- Huddles – Google’s word for group messaging. You can send messages to multiple people from your contacts
- Instant uploading – take a snap from your Android phone and automatically upload to your profile!
Google + Facts
- Top cities for Google + usage are; LA, New York and San Francisco
- Was originally only invite only, but due to high demand became available to everyone soon after it’s release.
- Males are the dominant users at 63%
- After the US , India and the UK are the next biggest users of Google +
Do you use Google Plus? If so we’d love to hear about your experiences!
Google + can be very profitable for businesses. Even though it may seem like nobody is using this social network, you’d be surprised how many actually do. It is known that Google + allows you to form more personal relationships with your customers, especially because it is dominated by quality content.
If you want to find out my information about how you can use Google+ to shape your online presence why not get in touch today