Has someone ever asked you “when was the last time you updated your website?" To which your response has been something like “I update my website everyday."
This may be true for the instances where you are regularly publishing blog posts on your website, adding a picture here and a new offer there, but have you actually sat down and had a look at how your website is performing?
Here are 5 basic areas to consider when looking at your website.
- Have you tested to see if your website functions in the most commonly used browsers? (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome)
- Are your web pages being displayed correctly across all browsers?
2. Pages Analysis
- Breaking down the pages on your website which are most popular enables you to evaluate your company's performance and see why people are visiting your website.
- Knowing your target market is key to increasing your potential business enquiries.
- Analysing pages which are underperforming on your website can make you aware of any changes you may need to make on your website.
3. Website Traffic
- Remember - having lots of traffic to your website doesn't necessarily mean that you will increase sales or business enquiries.
- Attract the relevant customers that are mostly likely to buy your product or be looking for your services.
- Do you know which pages are underperforming? If not find out which pages need to be improved and work on ways to improve them.
4. Copyright Tags
- Updated copyright tags reflects to your customers that you are still a keen contender to fulfil their needs.
- If your website has outdated copyright tags it's possible that the person looking at your website may conclude that you product is also outdated or worse - your business is no longer in existence!
5. Mobile and Tablets
- Over the last year the amount of people browsing the internet via mobile and tablet has increased by almost 25%.
- Making sure your website is fully responsive to mobile and tablet users can be the difference between making and missing a sale.
- Remember people want to get their information as quickly as possible - don't make them click through three pages of information when they can do it quicker through one.
If you think it's time to update your website, or you have any questions you would like to ask, get in touch with one of our friendly team of experts today to see what we can do to help you.