10 January 2013
You want more Twitter followers, and you want them fast. After reading this article you will know exactly what to do to get a bigger following today.
Some people think that the numbers are not so important, they insist on quality over quantity. Whilst it is important to have quality followers, it’s more important to know to get a larger quantity of quality followers.
Why do people want more Twitter followers?
People could want more Twitter followers for these reasons;
- Social Dominance – the more fans you have, the more you will appear an expert in your area. If you have a business with a service or product to sell, a larger following will give you the appearance of being reliable.
- Extended Influence – if you are wanting to share your ideas/ opinions etc on Twitter than a large quantity of followers will give you influence on an extended scale.
- More Sales – why do you use Twitter? For entertainment? For networking? Or perhaps for sales? Whether you are selling a brand, product or service, more followers mean a larger reach and more sales, especially if your audience is appropriate.
What should I avoid doing?
If you think these things will work and get your more followers. Stop, think again.
- Cheating- attracting a large number of quality followers takes effort and often takes time, but play your cards right and you will see results today!
- Buying Twitter followers – yep you heard right, you can actually buy followers, just Google it, you’ll see. But really, this is a big no no. your followers will not be unique or will they be interested in what you are selling.
- Using special software to increase Twitter count – this has the same pitfalls as buying followers, it’s short-lived and does not last.
So what should I do?
- Show your face – upload a photo of yourself or your business, it helps people connect, trust you and hopefully want to know more.
- Create a catchy bio – this is one of the first things that people see, it can explain who you are and what you do in a clear way, encouraging the person to become your follower.
- Custom about page – sometimes the bio is not quite enough to explain everything about your business. There’s a solution to this, you can link an ‘About Page’ to your blog, which viewers can easily click on and read more about you or your business.
- Get noticed – make sure you have a clear identity. If you’re a business then make sure you have your logo, house colours and general brand identity represented on Twitter.
- Share and share alike – very valuable! The more generous and inspiring you are, the more people will want to follow you. If your followers are looking forward to your next Tweet, you’ve hit the jackpot.
- Be active but don’t annoy people – it is important that you moderate the content that you want to share on Twitter.
- Consider re-tweeting – It’s wise to consider how your Tweets will look after they are re-tweeted. For example if it is too long, when it is re-tweeted, the appeal of the content could be lost.
- Follow people in your industry – to get more Twitter followers you need to be a follower too! You will see that a follow often warrants a follow.
- Avoid automated responses -It’s not personal and it stinks of self-promotion e.g. ‘Thank you for following me, please visit my Facebook page’
- Participate – especially in online events that use the famous #hashtags. This can get you more exposure very quickly indeed. Try it today to get more Twitter followers.
- Use twitter search – you will find people talking about the things that are relevant to you, an excellent gateway to more sales.
A Final Note for getting more Twitter followers
Managing your account and obtaining more Twitter followers shouldn’t be time consuming but should take some serious thought and strategy. Try not to get too caught up in the numbers, just start implementing our suggestions and you will see positive results!
If you have any questions about marketing on Twitter or any other of your social media networks then why not check out our Social Media Marketing page, or alternatively, get in touch and pick our brains.