Although they're not made out of chocolate, our cookies do help to make your experience on our website as enjoyable as possible.Yeah, I’m OK with that Heck no, get me out of here! Cookie what? Tell me more...
Writing and submitting SEO press releases for publication is one of the most popular modes of promoting your website. The primary objective of a press release is to announce to the world something newsworthy about your website or business. For instance, launch of a new product/service, added feature, a business tie-up, launch of a new website, revamp of existing website, etc.
Press releases are, often, scrutinised closely by reputed wire services (PRWeb, Business Wire, PR Newswire, Marketwire, PrimeNewswire, etc.) before acceptance. Therefore, it becomes increasingly difficult to optimise them for the Search Engines. However, you can use these tips to make your press releases SEO-friendly.
1. Keywords Placement: Any good SEO web page must comprise of intelligent use of keywords throughout - without being excessive and in-your-face as far as keyword density is considered. The placement of keywords/key-phrases, especially in the headline, is extremely important for a high Search Engine ranking. Generally accepted keyword density is 2-2.5%.
2. Know Your Keywords: Before worrying about keyword placement and density, you need to know the keywords for your website. ‘Keywords’ can be understood as the words or phrases that are closely associated with your website and that the users most likely key-in the search box of the Search Engines to look up for relevant websites.
3. Write for the Target Audience: A well-written targeted press release will attract higher search engine ranking than a keywords-stuffed press release. There is little point in striving to achieve higher ranking if the readers leave the press release without clicking the back link. They need to be fed with useful information, which will convince them to visit your website. In this regard, always try to use terms, which are easily and commonly understood by the masses. Jargon should, ideally, be avoided, unless unavoidable.
4. Some Text Tricks: You can follow these simple tricks in order to make your press release SEO-friendly:
(a) While writing the URL of your website, do not miss out on the “https://” part. Some wire sites make the link unclickable, if the Protocol used by the site is not included.
(b) Bold important words and phrases (other than keywords) to improve readability of your press release.
(c) Always include a back link in “Additional Information” (or similar) section.
(d) Include anchor links on the keywords for quick navigation to your website, if the reader doesn’t want to read the full press release.
(e) Try to use most of the keywords at least once in the first 200-250 words.
(f) It may seem like an overemphasis, but your press release must be newsworthy in order to generate the right search engine coverage.
5. Remain Updated: SEO principles and guidelines keep on evolving with leading Search Engines tweaking and strengthening their algorithms for most relevant search results. For instance, the recent Panda update in Google algorithm has affected the rankings of lots of websites. Therefore, you must be on the lookout for latest SEO updates from reliable sources, which are freely available on the internet.
6. Solicit Advice from Experts: Many online journalists, bloggers and industry people offer excellent inputs about their search habits and experiences in producing newsworthy engaging and SEO-friendly content. So, don’t hesitate to ask for help if you find yourself challenged to write an SEO press release - we're here to help.
Here is list some Press Release websites (some free some, some paid) to get you started.
- Business Wire
- PR Newswire
- 24-7 Press Release
- PR Zoom
- PR Leap
- PR Log